Experience based in Western Europe, USA, South Africa and Australia with Fluency in written and spoken English.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides a wide range of quality professional nursing care functions using the Nursing Process with emphasis on direct.
- Provides professional nursing care to the patient, receives supervision and direction from the Head Nurse and /or Duty Manager.
- Work is performed on any shift, as required, in the general and critical care clinical units, operating room, labor and delivery units, emergency rooms and clinics of Medcare Hospital.
- Hours are as assigned and may include on call.
- Patient care and related activities.
- Performs a systematic initial and ongoing assessment of the patient’s physical and psychosocial status, specific to the age of the patient.
- Assesses patient/family educational needs and readiness to learn utilizing appropriate resources.
- Assesses patient/family discharge planning needs utilizing appropriate resources.
- Collaborates with the patient/family and other members of the health care team to develop and update a plan of care that is consistent with the medical diagnosis and based on the patient’s changing physical, psychosocial and age related requirements.
- Establishes realistic and measurable goals that are culturally sensitive, and identifies nursing interventions to achieve the goals.
- Plans and organizes patient care activities on a daily basis.
- Practices within the established standards, policies and procedures.
- Recognizes when patient care needs extend beyond the limits of personal ability and consults appropriate resources.
- Provides input during development and review of patient care standards, policies and procedures and participates in the Interdisciplinary Quality Assessment & Improvement Program.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and maintains currency in nursing for area of practice.
- Uses computer technology as required.
- Maintains infection control and safety awareness, functions accordingly and initiates corrective action when indicated.
- Participates in fire and disaster drills and mock codes.
- Demonstrates acceptance, caring and empathy to patients and families.